I arrived at the YALSA Young Adult Literature Symposium in St. Louis today, so it seems appropriate to talk about YA readers.
Younger Americans’ Reading and Library Habits [Pew Internet Report]
- 83% of Americans between the ages of 16 and 29 read a book in the past year
- Under age 30, Americans are more likely to read an ebook on their cell phone (41%) or computer (55%)
- 47% of younger Americans read long-form e-content such as books, magazines or newspapers
- 60% of Americans under age 30 used a library in the past year
- 18-24 year olds have the highest overall reading rate of any age group
Dreamspinner Press has a YA imprint, Harmony Ink Press.