I read a lot of books about writing. As I run across tidbits I find interesting, I’ll share them. To be fair to the authors of the original work, it will only be a glimpse, but I’ll link the book in case something resonates with you and you’d like to read more.
10 Commandments for Writers
- Thou Shalt write a certain number of words every week.
- Thou Shalt write passionate first drafts.
- Thou Shalt make trouble for thy Lead.
- Thou Shalt put a stronger opposing force in the Lead’s way.
- Thou Shalt get thy story running from the first paragraph.
- Thou Shalt create surprises.
- Thou Shalt make everything contribute to the story.
- Thou Shalt cut out all the dull parts.
- Thou Shalt develop Rhino skin.
- Thou Shalt never stop learning, growing, and writing for the rest of thy life.